Monday, April 28, 2008

Roller Skating Lessons



We've had 3 weeks of roller skating lessons at Skate City. The first 2 weeks they marched back and forth and learned "an position" and "T position" and how to do a "T stop" though the girls don't get rolling enough to have to stop. It's been fun to watch the girls struggle through it and learn and have fun. they've fallen A LOT and neither has cried. They've been tough and I've been proud of them.

This is "T" Position


Logan has made considerable progress and has finally started rolling. She loves to stay after and skate with me. They turn down the lights and crank up the music and go in circles instead of back and forth and she feels grown up.

Paige on the other hand still has her back wheels locked so continues to march. We unlocked the wheels last week for the first ten minutes and she fell probably 100 times in that 10 minutes so they locked them back up. I would have said that she hasn't made any progress in 3 weeks except that after the first 2 lessons she didn't' want to skate after the lesson. She sat on the side and watched Logan and I go round and round. But after this last lesson she was the one that didn't want to leave. She marched in circles for a solid half hour shaking her little hips to the music. She was finally enjoying herself and that counts as progress.


I'm excited to go back next Saturday. It's a fun activity for the girls and I. It gets us out of the house doing something active and gives us some time to play without the distraction of the baby. I signed them up because I think it will be a fun and affordable family activity. I want them to learn to snowboard and scuba dive and play golf but those are all so expensive so I wonder if they'll ever truly do those things. For now, we skate and we laugh. Good times.

No comments: