Saturday, May 30, 2009

An Apple a Day

I think we all know by now that Aubrey screams...a lot. Todd and I don't handle screaming very well and have given her whatever she wants to just get her to stop screaming. We realize this isn't a very good parenting technique but hey, we've been surviving. Don't judge us. Now she screams and then says "pease" so that's a start.

About one in every 8 diapers I change I have to sit on her arms to keep her from rolling over - and yes she's screaming bloody murder. I try and avoid such diaper changes by giving her a toy or coaxing her to come sit down on her own but sometimes it just doesn't work. Today she wanted an apple and she needed a diaper change so I gave her the whole apple thinking she would take a few bites and I'd finish it off. She did good eating it peel and all. She walked around the house for a solid hour working on this thing (and yes, I have a strict rule about eating at the table...but again, the rules change as to avoid screaming).

This is first thing in the morning too...which is why she's still in her jammie top without her hair done. She's in jeans because I just changed her diaper so I was down there anyway. One step at a time. I think she got a shirt after she had yogurt as a snack.







1 comment:

Miriam said...

Cute. I like how she eats it straight down, Lincoln does that. The other day he had a pear and all that was left was the stem. I can't believe how big she is.