One more tri under my belt and it was really fun. Really really fun. I panicked in the swim and took off too quickly. By the 5th lap (about half way) I was wondering why this is fun and whether or not I'm stupid to sign up for harder triathlons at the end of the summer. Will I really be ready? I didn't feel ready for THIS one suddenly. I finished a little slower than I do normally - by 20 seconds or so.
I transitioned well until my glasses started to fog. I took them off, mounted my bike, did a couple of turns and then dropped my sunglasses. Dangit! If they weren't my favorite glasses I maybe would have left them behind but instead I stopped, put my bike down, ran back to get them and started over again. Blah. Somewhere around mile 9 I realized a couple of my fingers and one thumb were numb. I guess I was gripping the handlebars super tight! It's scary to blow through intersection after intersection! Your life is in those cops and 16 year-old volunteers hands and I was nervous the entire ride. I was 8 minutes slower than I usually am. Oh well.
The run felt good. It was hard and I felt slow but I kept moving. I ended up beating my best time on fresh legs by a couple of minutes. So at least I ended strong right?
I had a great time and it was super fun to see my friends finish strong as well. I'm really proud of them all. Kristy, Erica, Dina, Me, Shanna, Laurel and Keri.

Grandma was in town for Carter's baptism so she got to see all the action. I'm glad you were there...and I'm glad you brought your camera.
And Todd, thanks for dealing with the kids all morning and bringing them down so I could have a cheering section when I finished. And thanks for supporting me the last few months while I tried to get a workout in each day. And for taking the kids and Grandma home out of the heat while I stayed and waited for my friends. I love you the most.

Both tri's I've done have been with my dear friend Keri. Here we are at 5am at the transition area. Love you Keri! Thanks for talking me into this nonsense last year.
And this time I had the extra bonus of having my sister-in-law Shanna with me. I love Shanna tons and tons and I'm super proud of her for rocking her first tri like she did. It was fun to see her while I was running and she was on her bike. It made me happy and gave me a little burst of energy there. Way to go cutie!
I had tons of energy right after the tri but hit a wall around 1pm. A couple of Pepsi's and a couple of Advil later I felt much better. I think I'll sleep well tonight and I'm already dreaming of the next race. Can't wait!
10 comments:
Yea for you! My first (also my second) is next Saturday. So I want to know what your times were! Or which tri I guess so I could look it up! :)
yaay!!! congrats you look AWESOME!!!! i miss youuuuu!!!!
kinda hard to tell. My swim was 10:43 but that includes a run to the transition area so I think it was about 9:45 for 500 yards.
bike was 54:08 which was actually just 4 minutes (not 8 like I said on the blog) slow for 12 miles.
Run was 30:25 for a 5k.
Overall time was 1:38:23.
Overall rank was 254/387.
Women rank was 93/180.
So nothing to brag about but not too bad for me. I want to do another one tomorrow!
You are awesome! And I think it is something to brag about, mom of 3!
Check you out! I am super impressed. Brett is a tri nut and I love going to the events. One of these days I will do one. I am so scared of the swim!
Kat, you are more amazing than words can say! I have so much fun at these races with you!
Bravo you two, could not be any prouder. You guys are awesome for doing this. I know I couldn't do it even if I tried. BrAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kim, you could TOTALLY do a tri. If I can do it I really think anyone can. Boise has a great beginner one called Y-Not tri. It's August 6 and you could be ready for it this year. If not, then next year for sure you'd rock it.
You rock Kat! I'm so proud of you. It feels so good to make goals and do them. You look great!
You do look fabulous! I miss you guys. Good job on all the hard work!
Post a Comment