Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ali's Ice Show

Logan and I had a fun little date on Saturday night. It started off with Happy Meals in the car parked in front of my friend Kristy's house (her and Megan came with us). In her happy meal she got Soulful Selma so we had a little mood music during dinner.


Then we headed over to go see Ali's last ice skating show. She was Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz and she looked beautiful and skated like a pro. She's worked so hard and I was a proud YW leader and friend.
Logan was super excited to get to hug her after the show.
Next time I'll know to bring 2 blankets...one for the seat and one for my lap. Luckily Logan was willing to sit on my lap to keep my legs warm and I had thought to bring a coat just in case. Logan hung in there even though it was late. She did get some dippin' dots at intermission (not sure I'm a fan of those) and the second show was High School Musical so I think that helped. We finally made it home around 9:45 and she asked if she could just crawl into bed and not have to get jammies on or brush her teeth. I told her fine and she was asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

Todd and Paige had a date too since Logan and I were out. They got Happy Meals as well and then bought Care Bears on pay per view and ate their dinner on the family room floor while watching their movie- a real treat for her. We all had a fun night. I love my family

1 comment:

Julie said...

Ahhh....Thanks so much for coming. I am glad Logan had fun. I love the one on one time when they are little! It meant a lot to Ali to have you there. Your secret is safe with me :)