Thursday, May 29, 2008

Killer Workout


I need to write down what we did today at BuffChix so I can do it later on my own. Seriously kicked my butt today. So hard and so fun. This is going to be boring - be warned.

We did our usual warm-up: 1/2 mile jog, high knees, butt kickers, karaoke, skaters, walking ham stretch/quad stretch then sprints (70%, 80%, 90% and 100%).

Sit-ups for 1 minute.

I think we did fart licks next. Gross I know. Basically intervals of sprints and jogs for who knows how long. Maybe only 10 minutes.

3 sets of 20 jump squats.

20 jump squats and then a sprint to the next cone (about 50 feet)
18 jump squats and then a spring to the next cone
16 - sprint
14 - sprint
12 - sprint
10 - sprint
20 squats on toes

Side squats half the length of the cones (one leg bent and the other straight)
repeat on other side

Navy Seal squats (180 turn never standing up) the length of the cones



Squat intervals - 20 squats high, 20 squats lower, 20 squats super low, 20 squats up a little and then 20 squats at the top.



10 sprints up the hill (walking down)

20 squats on toes


Hold plank for 30 seconds



30 more seconds of plank bringing knees in one at a time



holding plank and high-fiving partner 50 times (face to face in plank position)



As hard as it is to get up at 5:15 (after having gone to bed at 10:30 and then getting up to give Aubrey a bottle at 2:30) I love love love this group. It's so fun to work out with a bunch of girls first thing in the morning. I feel stronger each week even though the scale doesn't necessarily show it :)

4 comments:

Julie said...

Dang! I am sore and tired just reading that workout!!! Good for you!

gina said...

I thought about writing it all down but how much fun would it be to do it on your own? Just not the same!

Katie L. said...

Sounds terrible, but I bet you'll look great!

Jenn Knight said...

Geez, I think "buff chicks" is an appropriate name. That sounds intense.

The scale may not be showing it b/c you are losing fat and putting on muscle. I don't know how you could do all that exercise without REALLY building your muscles. And muscle is heavier than fat, right?

I think you look great, Kat- seriously (based on pictures in your blog).