
Todd, Taft, Brad, Mark, Scott and Keith went backpacking a couple of weekends ago - hopefully their first trip of many.

They backpacked into some lake each with 50 pounds on their back and then spent Saturday hiking a 14er (a mountain that is 14,000 feet). In Colorado there are a bunch of 14ers (I think 50+?) and this was one of the harder ones that doesn't include rock climbing.

These boys haven't been backpacking for years so I was a little nervous for them but they had a great time. A couple of them weren't able to make it to the top due to injuries but Todd was happy he was able to do it. They had a great time camping and hiking and fishing and they're all excited for next summer to do it again. Poor Todd could hardly walk for days after the trip and then got a cold that kept him home from work and in bed for a few days. As fun as the trip was I think they all felt a little beat up afterwards.

Here's Todd at the top of Mt. Yale. We love Colorado.
1 comment:
Great pics! I think you need to change 1400 feet to 14000 feet. The guys might not like that! ;)
Post a Comment