Since we haven't even gotten our bonus check that we're planning on to cover all this we've kinda stopped talking about it :) It's like Christmas Vacation. Hopefully we don't end up with a year of jam or Corn-nuts and a Breast Cancer Awareness T-shirt (thank you Coldwater Creek. That was a GREAT Christmas).
Anyway, here's a picture of what I'm going for. It's like the kitchen from Something's Gotta Give. That's my dream house.
5 comments:
ooo, I like it. A couple of my favorite parts are the shiny white subway tiles on the backsplash behind the stovetop, and the soft gray on the walls. What are you going to do with your 3rd time's the charm red?
I would totally demo the wall, it will be worth it. You will never stare at that point after you have new floors and baseboards, it will seem seamless. Plus your dining table should block the view from the front entry. But you might want to think about hiring somebody to texture it--that can be tricky. I find the bigger the spot the less noticable it is though, so that's a plus.
Hope your bonus is bigger than you expected!
P.S. I know it can be hard to live with, but don't be afraid to do it in stages. You might be surprised about how much less you'd mind your oak cabinets with darker floors. They could stay like that until the next bonus. I would think it would be better to knock out the wall and do the entire main floor in wood before you redo cabinets, countertops, and appliances. That stuff can wait.
Love It, I totally look at houses in movies too! Funny! I agree, definately hardwoods throughout, love the dark floors and white cabinets and I would take out the pointless wall everyone wants an open floorplan these days. If you miss your carpet in the family room you can always get a nice plush carpet like rug that is comfy to sit on. Sounds like a big job, but I am sure you will love the outcome!!! It will look great!
Oh yeah, Kat, that's my dream kitchen too! Can't wait to see it in your house!
Oh yeah, that's a beautiful kitchen. I think what you're talking about sounds great. Maybe one day I'll get to see it...maybe...somehow...well, you guys will love it I'm sure.
Post a Comment