Monday, September 1, 2008

Tri Training - Week 2


Good.

Feeling better on the bike and not getting AS sore each time. I still can't balance well enough to get to my water bottle though :) Todd assures me eventually I'll be riding with no hands, but for now I'm still gripping the handle bars tight.

The swim is getting more comfortable too. I'm not as worried about it since it's the first event and I know I can swim that far. Feels like a warm-up. The rest I'll have to do fatigued and that's scary.

Then running is still pretty good. I'm not fast but at least I can do it without much thought. It feels like a lot of endurance for me - just pushing through the tiredness. I think about my Dad a lot during my runs for some reason. Maybe it's the only time I can actually think. The others I'm concentrating so hard on the task at hand I can't think of anything else. I love my Dad. Doing this for him.

Worked out 6 days last week and 5 this week and had to pay $15 for a babysitter one day. Aiming to work out 6 days a week for the next 3 and then 4 days the week of the triathlon. It's coming fast!

3 comments:

Keri said...

Good job! Isn't it funny how fast you get the hang of things?

Katie L. said...

Amazing, that is coming fast. Is that the week after scrappin? You can't be on a diet for scrappin!

Kat said...

it's the week before scrappin' thank goodness. No diets allowed for that :)