
I can feel my body getting tired this week but it's still been a productive week and I'm still excited about my first triathlon.
Run: Fine. It's always been fine. I'm been practicing running after a long hard bike ride and man, that's hard. My legs feel like lead after jumping off the bike. Sheer endurance.
Bike: Funny story. On one of my bike rides early in the week I finally noticed that not only do I have the 8 gears on my right hand but what are these 3 on my left? I had been on gear 1 which means I was pedaling pedaling pedaling and going nowhere. I was wondering why I could never get very much speed even downhill. It's made a big difference to know how to use the 3 gears on my left :) ALSO, I had no idea that riding a mountain bike on the road is SO much harder than a road bike. I borrowed Tracey's bike and did a fun and super easy 10 miles one day. I was SHOCKED since I've been huffing and puffing to do 4 on my mountain bike. Who knew? I guess it has something to do with the tires being thin and the bike being so much lighter. I feel SOOOOOO much better knowing that I can bike more than 4 miles. Just to know that I can do all 3 events individually gives me some confidence. I just need to learn how to do them tired and out of breath now. Oh, and learning how to balance on my bike well enough for me to drink water would be helpful too. I can at least wipe the sweat from my forehead - and that's an improvement.
Swim: I went swimming with Keri this week so she could help me with my form. I'm just winging it when it comes to the swim so I assumed I was doing it all wrong but YEAH for me she said my form actually looks really good! I need to keep my head down in the water more. I can feel that that makes it easier to swim but it makes it harder to breathe so I'm practicing that. She also showed me how to do a flip turn but I get so dizzy that there's just no way. Maybe for the next tri I can do those but I feel so disoriented and dizzy when I try that I just may be too old for those. Heck, I can'teven do ring-around-the-rosie or swing at the park.
3 weeks of training down and 3 to go. I think I'll be ready.
3 comments:
Keep plugging. I'm sure you will do great, and it says a lot that you are even trying! I can't wait to see pics of you and Keri the buff chicks!
kat - i can't believe, even after i just spent a whole week with you guys, that there is so much going on in your life i didn't know about! i'm so glad that you put your new blog address on the besties website. love your kitchen idea - and the hardwood floor ideas - logan is adorable and grown up - aubree is adorable in blue -face - todd's backpacking trip looks so fun - and yahoo for you doing a TRIATHLON! i miss you bunches.
Kat, I get so happy every week when I read your blog! It just seems to get easier and easier for you! Now we have to master the hills!
Post a Comment