Just a few weekends ago I scrapped with a bunch of my fun, neat, love 'em to pieces friends here in Colorado.

The page I happened to be working on last time I scrapped with these wonderful girls was of my dear friends from high school. Even though we haven't kept in the greatest touch since high school they are still really really dear to me. I give them credit for keeping me good through those weird trying-to-find-yourself years. Without such good examples and friends at church I wonder how I would have survived. They know me through those awkward high school years. They know where I'm from, they know my parents and siblings and old boyfriends and my embarrassing haircuts and the years of braces. It's a strange connection we have. I got together with some of them a few years ago and man was I surprised with how much I love them as adults. I know them as teenagers and our memories together are mostly from high school but they are all - every single one of them - wonderful adult women and I'm lucky to know them and look forward to getting to know them even better.

Then there's these friends:

These 9 amazingly brilliant, fun, crazy girls I went to BYU with (there's only 8 in the picture since Hil couldn't make it). They were all friends from the dorms and since I didn't have a friend to room with my junior year I ended up with them and they lovingly put up with me (or was it the other way around?). The me they know that my other friends missed out on was the me that was dating Todd. They know the me that was STILL trying to figure out my place in the world and the me that still desperately wanted to fit in. They know how Todd dumped me the day before my birthday and two days before Valentines when I had a black eye from intramural racquetball. And they know that it was ok when we got back together (again) because it was meant to be - we just had some growing up to do and some communication skills to learn. They know the me that takes naps instead of going to class and the me that's happy to stay up late and talk into the wee hours of morning. Thanks to our Besties website they also know me now, as the experienced wife of 10 years with 3 kids (they're all catching up pretty quick on the kid thing) and they know that I'm an ISFJ and love me for it. They're wonderful and amazing and crazy smart and I love them dearly too.

We had our Besties Reunion this year in Boston. It's been a few years since I've been able to go and man, I had a wonderful, fabulous time. We saw Boston but still got plenty of girl time just sitting at home eating junk and talking talking talking. Boy, can we talk. So here are a few shots of our weekend. Thank you Jenn and family for letting us crash at your place and for showing us all a good time - Boston style.

We were always running to catch the subway and you know, making a scene of it.

And then we'd have to carry the strollers up the stairs to save us a little time.

We took a walking tour of Boston on the freedom trail and learned about the history of the area. Cool cool. Maybe we should have paid for the real tour guide but we still had fun...and caused scenes every once in awhile. And yes, we do have matching clothes. We now have a hoodie and a t-shirt and many were wearing both on this day.

Mim and Moo in front of a building that had some importance...don't remember what.


This was a super creeeeepy cemetary. Ben Franklin's parents are buried there as well as the peeps from the Boston Masacre and maybe Paul Revere? I wasn't really listening...I was taking pictures.


A couple of great pics of Sarah. What a nut. All she has to do is flirt a little and some guy let her get in his shoe car. The second one is in some church. We thought it might be nice to have these little booths rather than pews like we do. This way the kids could roam around the booth instead of up and down the aisles.

This was one of my favorite spots in the city. Cute courtyard with gorgeous trees, a fountain, some statues and a musician playing his guitar. If I had to live in Boston I would want this to be my courtyard.

Here's me and Moo at Walden Pond. I'm glad we made this little side trip there. It was romantic and wonderful and I wish we could've stayed all day and swam and played on the beach.

This was one of my favorite activities. We just happened to be in town the same weekend as the Regatta races on the St. Charles. So we walked down to the water and sat on the banks and watched. There's just something about being in Boston in the fall watching Regatta races that makes me feel like I'm in a movie.

We walked almost everywhere and these babies were quite the good sports. Here's Shelley and Karen and Grant walking home in the dark.

One morning was spent at Wilson Farms where they had a "spooky" hay ride and hot apple cider and cider donuts and carmel apples and tons of pumpkins and goodies. Very New England in the fall feeling.


Paul and Jenna drove 2 1/2 hours from CT to see me. We went to lunch at the Veggie Planet (I've never been to a restaurant before where I had to get my own water from an orange cooler) and then cruised around Boston. I had a great time visiting with them and got to see parts of Boston I missed with my friends.
YAY this post is over. That was a long one :)
4 comments:
I LOVED your long post! Man...made me...gosh, made me feel all sentimental inside! Super to have such fabulous connections with wonderful people in this life don't you say?
Miss you!
How fun!!! Man I hope my friends still do things like that! What a great idea!
Kat-I'm back. What a fun post to remember your friends! I feel special. You are such a great woman and I thank YOU for helping me through those awkward, difficult years. What would we have done without our friends??? love ya.
Post a Comment