Monday, November 24, 2008

Moving On. Moving On.

The new floors which snowballed into painting the cupboards and removing all furniture and baseboards and replacing those baseboards with new, tall ones and painting all those (again) and now re-decorating and re-organizing has been all consuming. But now life must go on. We've moved back in and cleaned more often in the last week than I did all year and now I have to make dinner every night again and there's just no more excuses for my slothfulness in most things.

Grandma came to visit for Thanksgiving and we talked her into coming extra early so as not to miss Logan's Star Student Presentation, Paige's ballet class or the kids Primary Program at church.

First was Logan's Star Student Presentation. She had to give a presentation to her class for 15-20 minutes about her family and her ancestors and herself. She did a great job and had fun decorating her star with the things she likes to do (like roller skating and going treasure hunting with Dad and playing with her sisters and riding her bike and going to gymnastics and having Dad pull her around the floor on a blanket and eating ice cream and organizing and reading).


She could bring a treat to share that her family likes and she decided she wanted to bring in a can of whipped cream to spray in everybody's mouth. I thought that was cute and the kids sure loved it. She did a good job and she was proud to introduce her Grandma to the class. I didn't realize we would be sitting the way we were. The kids were literally right at our feet. Luckily Aubrey started to fuss so I got to stand up and take a picture. Good job Logan!



That same day was Paige's ballet class. She couldn't wait to show Grandma her ballet moves.



She does a pretty good job following her teacher but when her teaches spins in a circle she does it on her toes taking 4 or 5 "steps". Paige spins on one foot as fast as possible and then stops to see if her teacher is still spinning. She can get 4 turns in to her teachers 2! She's cute and not learning much but she's having fun so I guess it was worth it.



Then yesterday was the primary program and the kids did great. Kennedi sang the 13th article of faith song with the achievement day girls and Brayden and Logan both had talks. They all did such a good job. I don't think there's a better primary chorister out there than Kaye. She's amazing and the program was good. Most Sundays I come out of Sharing Time in tears. I was really proud of Logan for doing her talk. She was scared and didn't want to do it when they first asked her but Todd and I kept encouraging (pushing?) her and she practiced a ton and said a little prayer on the way to church and she said she wasn't even scared. I asked her why (thinking this would be a good teaching moment about the power of prayer and how the Holy Ghost can bring us comfort) and she said because at first she thought all the primary kids would be in the audience too but they weren't. Apparently since they were behind her she thought there were less people listening to her talk. Cutie. She did good.

I need to get some pictures of the kids with Grandma. When I do I'll do another post but for now, I need to go do some laundry and get dinner in the crock pot. peace out.

1 comment:

jrteacherlady said...

Hi Kathryn, I found you on my followers list! YEAH:) Your little girls are SO adorable!!! Congrats on the new kitchen and Happy Thanksgiving...