Thursday, January 15, 2009

A SCARY morning

We had a bit of a scare this morning when I came to turn the computer on. I got some weird error about not being able to find the hard drive and figured Todd could probably fix that real quick before work (as if he needs something else on his plate right now!). He told me the computer was probably broken which really stinks since we haven't backed up the hard drive for who knows how long. My heart hurt thinking of all the pictures I just lost. I had been in the process of getting them all organized so I could print off a years worth of pictures that I'm behind on in my scrapbooks and was miserable thinking I just lost them all. Luckily Todd fixed the computer as he was walking out the door this morning with a promise to back up the hard drive TONIGHT. I can't stand the thought of the computer breaking again so I spent HOURS today doing this...



sorting through pictures and sending them to Costco to be printed. My kids have been ignored more than usual today but it's worth it. I can breathe now.

(picture courtesy of Paige. I let her walk around the room with my expensive camera taking pictures just to keep her occupied while I worked. Glad that didn't come back to bite me in the bum. And that's her Webkinz next to me patiently waiting to play. Oh, and next to that is my credit card so I could purchase another camera this morning that Todd can take with him to the Phillipines. Oh, and there's also the torn paper that didn't make it through the printer while I was trying to print out a new recipe for dinner tonight. That's my life in a nutshell today.)

4 comments:

Nancy said...

You mean we're suppose to back up out computers? Dang! How? To an external hard drive? A zip drive? What do you use? Help!

Nancy said...

BTW - cute hat. Is it childrens size? :)

Kat said...

That's a question for Todd - not me. All I know is I would be SAD SAD SAD if I lost everything on my computer. My pictures, my checking stuff, letters and recipes. And no, not childrens size. (maybe an adult small though :))

Nancy said...

Will you ask Todd for me?