Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Cluprit


Stupid peanut butter. Stupid peanut butter chocolate chip cookies with peanuts in them that my Mom bought on accident. She wanted the ones with pecans instead of peanuts but didn't notice until she got home from the store. "My kids will eat them" I say as I feed them to Aubrey. Paige had one, Logan had a bite and didn't like it - lucky her. I nibbled on Aubrey's while I fed her so maybe had 2 total and my poor Mom thinks she had maybe 6 throughout the week. She even got up in the middle of the night not feeling well and thinking her blood sugar was low had another! GG ate a cookie yesterday and then tossed the plastic box out and today is sick sick sick.

When GG got sick today I remembered that when I went to the grocery store to pick up some Imodium AD for my Mom the lady at the cash register handed me my receipt and said, "be sure to check this receipt for the recalls we've had." Ok will do. Ya, I checked that today and lo and behold those stupid cookies were on there.

I can now add to my list: had salmonella poisoning. We're lucky it wasn't worse. If my Mom doesn't get better soon she'll need to go to the doctor but she feels better each day. Mostly I'm grateful it wasn't worse for Aubrey. She's just a baby and it could've been bad. But it wasn't. Knock on wood.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

"lo and behold"? When did you turn 50? haha Don't you hate it when you find yourself talking like Mom or GG.