Aubrey warmed up to Papa on just the second day and I was shocked she walked right over and wanted to sit and watch TV with him so quickly. I had to snap a quick picture in case it didn't happen again.
Maya and GG got here on Sunday and on Monday Mom, Dad, Paige, Aubrey and I were all sick. Really sick. My poor Mom is still sick today but not as bad as on Monday. The rest of us were fine by Tuesday but here is Logan and Maya on Monday while the rest of us puttered around in survival mode. They were lucky they had each other to play with.
Yesterday the girls took turns going on "runs" around the block with me. I'm excited for them to be old enough to keep up. I didn't mind walking since it was good talk time. I can breathe so easily here.
Today Dad took the girls to see Hotel for Dogs. They had a great time together. Paige said it was a little "scarewy" but they liked it and were able to tell me everything that happened.
And here's Maya with Logan and Paige. She's been a good sport and has been helpful and I think she's had fun with the girls too. GG took us out to IHOP tonight and I'm hoping for another In-N-Out burger before I leave.
It's been a fun trip and I've enjoyed the warm weather and the chance to visit with my parents and Grandma and niece and I've loved being able to put Aubrey down for a nap and go on long runs where one man even commented that I looked good for 55 (my parents live in a 55+ community). I'll take what I can get and considered it a compliment. I love the palm trees and have included the palm tree lined entrance to the community in each of my runs. I'm happy for my kids to get to know their grandparents and niece a little better and I hope we'll get to see more of them this year. I have a good life and it's time to go home. The plane ride home solo will be interesting. Cross your fingers for me. Maybe I'll stop a stranger and ask him to take a picture for me of me and the 3 kids (including one that cries a lot, 1 that tires quickly of carrying stuff and walking far and one that is helpful), 2 pieces of luggage, 1 backpack, 1 purse, 1 small bag of treats and 1 car seat. If not, just try and imagine it. Somehow I'll make it to long term parking right?
2 comments:
I cant read the title of this without bursting into a horrible Elvis impersonation! We are cursed!
Glad Maya was a little helper in your time of need. She really seems to enjoy being the Big Girl at the house. I will pray for your sanity for the trip home.
My prayers are with you. I remember traveling by myself and 3 kids. It is always an adventure. Good Luck!
Post a Comment