Saturday, July 18, 2009

Logan's Tri-N-July

We were SO proud of Logan today for doing so well in her first triathlon. When she told me that someday she wanted to do a triathlon with me we dreamed of the day she was a teenager and we could do one together. Then when I brought this kids triathlon up to her she was all over it. She's been anticipating it for weeks now and has been nervous and excited and begging to go on a run or practice her swim or bike. She's worked hard and she did super super good. When she took off on the bike and I couldn't keep up running with her I cried. I cried hard for a few minutes beaming with pride and worrying she'd be scared without me there. The run was HARD for her but she pushed through it and ran the whole time and I couldn't be prouder. One of the first things she said to me afterwards is that she doesn't want to do a triathlon ever again but just now she said she'd do one next year with Paige. I'm hoping she will :) We just got home from a BBQ with some friends and Logan wore her medal the whole time. I know she's proud of herself and that makes me happy. Anyway, here are some pictures from the day:
Here she is waiting for it to start


Waiting in line. So nervous she'll barely talk to me.


She ROCKED the swim. I couldn't zoom out so this is the only video I got since I had to run to the end to help her out of the pool but she swam really, really well.


Transition 1


She was SO happy after the swim and excited to start her bike


Taking off on the bike


She is BEAT in this video and is about 50 yards from the finish line but she kept moving.


FINISHED


Showing off her medal


Posing for Mom at the finish line and ready for McDonalds (she just finished a tri, she gets to pick where to eat lunch)


WAY TO GO LOGAN!!! WE'RE SO PROUD OF YOU!!!

3 comments:

Dianna said...

Logan... I didn't know that you were doing a TRI... WOW. ... you are one strong little girl. I am so proud of you. Let me know when your next one is and I will try to be there and cheer you on. That must of been hard ... but you did it Logan!!!! You are a great example to me... Love you, Grandma Babbitt

Kimberly said...

Logan, we could not be any more proud of you. What a way to get out there and make things happen. You are the GIRL!!!!! All you girls are diffinitly the most athletic out of all of us girls thats for sure.

Keri said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Could she be any cuter? I am so proud of her!