Saturday, August 29, 2009

Jenn and Ali getting married

Oh, the Skalla girls. I'm pretty sure Jenn was one of my first Mia Maids 6 or 7 years ago (?) and she's always had a special little place in my heart. I don't know why. Maybe because she's always reminded me of me. I couldn't have been happier when she decided to go to BYU-Idaho since it was perfect for me which would mean it would be perfect for her too right? She's always done well and will always be successful and happy in life and I'm just thrilled she's married a great guy and moving into a tiny apartment - it all just makes me smile :) She was beautiful and the reception was beautiful and now they're young marrieds in Idaho.



Her little sister Ali and I have quite the history. I had Ali in Mia Maids for 2 years and just as her group was turning 16 and becoming Laurels they made me the YW President putting me with the Laurels...so I had Ali for 4 years straight. Those 4 years were filled with some drama too :) Ali is strong willed and confident and just all around fun...and getting married in December. Jenn just got married this month so their poor parents (no pun intended) will marry off both their daughters in 4 months. She's found a great guy and I'm just so happy for her too. These girls are so different and so beautiful and so great and it's just fun and crazy to see them grow up. I feel lucky to be a part of it.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for all you have done for them over the years!!

Annee said...

Where is that picture taken? Is that in Denver somewhere? It's beautiful. Makes me feel homesick.

It also makes me feel a little bit old, that some of your YW are old enough to be getting married! Are we really that old?!

Kat said...

ya it's at a golf course called Arrowhead in Roxborough. It was such a beautiful place to have a reception.

Believe it or not she's not my first YW to get married. Not even my third :) We're old Annee, but I've also been in YW since I was 23 :) I'm a primary worker now and really it's the first break I've had from YW in 8 years. And yes, I miss it.