Tuesday, August 4, 2009

July Totals



I ran 49 miles
I swam 5 miles
I biked 42 miles

Considering I have Rattlesnake coming up in 2 weeks those totals aren't very impressive BUT I had some major tooth problems AND I was sick AND on vacation for part of the month. sigh. I hope it's enough to survive this next tri. Not only will it be my first Olympic (meaning it's twice as hard as anything I've done to date - 1 mile swim, 25 mile bike and 10k) but it's also my first open water swim. Those are two major hurdles for me which makes this triathlon a big deal for me. I'm scared. Big time scared. I'll post pictures after and hopefully none of them include me in an Ambulance.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You are brave taking the Olympic plunge. I'm so not there yet. . .

Kat said...

I'll let you know how it goes Rachel. My friend Keri just did her first and actually enjoyed it more than the sprints where she felt like she needed to go super fast. She said for the Olympic she felt more relaxed about her time. you know, get in your comfortable pace and hope to survive rather than trying to, well, sprint the whole time :)

Kimberly said...

You are a warrior! Thanks for letting me get a "small" glimpse into "Life with Kat" the race was a blast!