Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Trip to Eugene

Living in Seattle gets a point for being only 5 hours away from my sister Kristin. Every chance I get I'll be spending it at her house - until she tells me I'm overstaying my welcome that is. Todd couldn't come with us this time but we had a great time anyway. It's fun to see the cousins all play together as if it hasn't been years or as if there isn't that big an age difference.

Here's a few highlights from our long weekend:

The car ride wasn't bad. The big girls had their DS's and pillows and blankets and I didn't hear much from them at all.




I heard a lot from Aubrey who likes to kick the back of my seat but all and all she did quite well and played with her Polly's a lot.



Our favorite thing was playing at Splash - an indoor water park. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera. I was so proud of Logan and Paige for going down the big slide and even when Paige got a little panicked being thrown under water at the bottom she swam to the side all by herself. All the girls had fun in the wave pool (which made me completely nervous) and we all just had a great time. Can't wait to go back.

For my birthday the Bradfords treated us to Red Robin. Here's cute Tyler and Lindi.


Ethan and Darin. Ethan broke his finger our first day there wrestling with my kids.


My girls were SO tired since we had been swimming for a few hours just before but they hung in there and by the end were on my lap with faces like this.


Keek, Lindi, Ethan and I went to Old Navy and Coldstone one night. I walked away with this coat.


We got to watch Tyler play in a church basketball game. He's the tallest kid out there.


All 3 girls, but especially Paige, LOVED their dog Sonic. As long as you have a blanket he's happy to snuggle with you.


We played a lot of computer...





and headed to the dollar theater to watch Planet 51.


Kristin let Logan and Paige help her cook which of course they loved. She even taught them to crack eggs and now expects me to continue to let them - and I have - and I dig out egg shells every time.





And finally, we watched some Olympics together. Darin and Lindi have a cute little relationship and it was fun to watch them play and snuggle.



Thanks Bradfords for putting up with us (and for my birthday presents!!!) We'll see you in 3 weeks :)

1 comment:

Jeanne Stricklin said...

Happy Birthday Kat!!! Looks like it was a super fun one! Hey if you every need to take another 5 hour trip some place...Sandpoint isn't that far!