Wednesday, September 28, 2011
April
This past year has been full of trials but also full of tender mercies. One tender mercy was that my Mom's house sold. Quickly. In a poor Las Vegas market. For a price she felt was fair. She had been in the hospital a few times and it scared her enough to make the decision to move to Utah to be closer to Nancy, Brent, her brother and her mom.
I flew to Vegas a few days before the movers came so I could help Mom get rid of things she wouldn't need in her new apartment. If you know me, you know I love to get rid of stuff! We sold a bunch of furniture on Craigslist, gave a bunch of stuff to DI and had a few trash bags for the trash man. She was SUCH a good sport about it all. My camera was on a weird setting but here we are at Cheescake Factory for a fun lunch when we needed to step away from work.
The movers packed everything in one day and came to load the truck the next morning. With very little furniture left and no computer or TV to entertain us we went to see The Adjustment Bureau and then headed to a yummy dinner. We set up a table at home with a box and played a few rounds of Banagrams. Now, I'm good at Banagrams, but I cannot beat my Mom or my sister Kristin. Luck was on my side and I beat her. One time. She probably pulled a Q at the end leaving me enough time to sneak in a small word but a win's a win.
Paul came for a few days to help and to load his truck full of furniture my Mom didn't need. He brought Kyden who entertained us all. He's such a sweet kid and this is my favorite age. Love that kid.
As soon as the movers were done loading the truck Mom and I drove to Utah. We had a good drive. It snowed and rained nearly the whole way but the drive went quickly.
We'll all miss this house in Las Vegas. It was a great place to get together and it was a great place for Mom and Dad. We loved the outside pool and the warm weather and most of all the view. Who knows, maybe some day I'll live on a golf course too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment