Thursday, September 29, 2011

May

Not a lot happened in May. I went to a bunch of graduation parties for girls I still think of as Beehives (12 & 13 year olds) and to a wedding reception of one girl I had when she was 15. It's really fun to be in a ward so long that you get to see the kids grow up but it also means I'm getting older. If those kids are 8 years older, than I guess I must be too?
We also took the Jeep up to the mountains (Longwater Gulch) for a little 4 wheeling. We went with Taft and Adam and had a great time. I was expecting gorgeous mountain views but it was all dead! Lots of it has burned down and lots of the trees were killed by those rotten pine beetles.

It's awe inspiring to see not only the destruction of such a large area but how the Earth heals itself.
The girls had a great time in the car with Dad but I think their favorite part was hanging out with Adam's black lab.





Here's a little video of Todd climbing a big rock. We had to go down the face of this thing and then back up on the way home. Todd says it wasn't a big deal but it makes me nervous. I choose to be out of the car taking pictures. (Oh, and you may want to turn off your volume. It's windy and loud and I didn't do any editing).


2 comments:

Julie said...

Yay! You are blogging again! I agree with the FB thing….but I am trying to ween myself! LOL

Kat said...

Getting off Facebook is hard but i still feel good about it. I have a handful of friends to delete and then I'm down to just family. It's taken me a month so far to do that :)