Monday, September 26, 2011

February 2011

A few weeks ago I decided I needed to be done with Facebook. I think Facebook is a great thing, but it got to the point where it wasn't adding to my happiness, so why am I still on it? I'm still in the process of getting off completely (maybe I'll leave my family on is all) making sure I have my friends e-mails before "unfriending" them for good. With the extra time I have I'm hoping to update my blog more often. I have a lot of catching up to do.

At the end of January we moved back to Colorado. Avanade had told us we'd be in Seattle for 1-3 years and it turned out to be just over a year we were gone. We loved Seattle - mostly because it was temporary. We made some really great friends right off the bat and what a Godsend they were. The people are great, the job was great but we were happy as clams to get home. Colorado is home. We missed the other Babbitts, the big sky, our cute little house, and wide roads, rec centers, 4 seasons and the constant sunshine. Oh how we missed the sunshine.



The day we moved back into our home (after having kicked the Francoms out - luckily they found a home in our ward) the HIGH was -8 degrees. NEGATIVE 8. We were so cold and thought for sure the movers would make us wait another few days for our stuff. They went ahead and unloaded it all that day. It was crazy. We turned the heat on to 55 and it ran all day helping a little. Shanna took the kids and the Lovejoys lended us some hats and gloves and we tried to close the door behind the movers each time they brought a load in. It was a long day but a happy day.

Paige turned 7 and got her ears pierced for her birthday. She was nervous but Logan held her hand and there weren't any tears.


Grandma Babbitt came for a visit.


I joined a quilting club and was happy to finish my first quilt top. Never finished it.


The girls started karate.

No comments: