Thursday, October 13, 2011

August

We got to go to a Rockies game with the other Babbitts for their work party.  I love a good baseball game.

Todd and I at the game. 

With the kids back in school and Todd working from home Todd and Aubrey and I have lots of lunch dates.

The big girls started school August 3.  Crazy.  We had our annual back-to-school feast. 

Paige and Aubrey.

I was there too.

Logan and Paige and the neighbor girls did a cute lemonade stand.  Can you tell it was hot!?  They ended up just giving away their lemonade to passerbys and the cops that sit at the skate park.

With the kids back in school there's a lot of this going on for Aubrey.  It's nice to have a quiet house.  She's really good at playing by herself.

She also does a lot of puzzles. 

We met up with a bunch of friends from the ward for s'mores at Chatfield.  The kids ran free and the adults sat around and the fire and talked.  Perfect.

Logan and Paige on the first day of school.

It's August so we're still swimming.  With the kids in school this is what the pool looks like lots of times :)

Paige and Logan meet us at the pool after school a lot of days to squeeze in an hour of swimming.

For the first few months of school they rode their bikes every day.  Soemthing about that makes my heart melt.

We went with some friends to the Bovine for some improv.  Good times.  I volunteered my friend to get on stage landing myself there instead.  Ya, I'm NOT good at improv and was embarassed for days.

A little night swimming with the Others.

I think this is my favorite picture from the entire summer.  I LOVE the clouds and the big sky in Colorado and I love even more when my kids stop what they're doing (riding bikes or rollar skating usually) to drink in the clouds and the sunset. 

My friend Katie came into town which was a good excuse for a girls night out.  I haven't seen enough of these girls this year!  Gina, Katie, Shanna and Laurel.  Love 'em.


Laurel, Mikayla, Christina and I did a mud run.  It wasn't too muddy so we got in a mud fight at the end so we didn't finish clean.  What would be the point of that?

Todd and I are Sunbeam teachers.  It's pretty fun to teach together and to have Aubrey in our class but by the end of church we're tired of being talked to and climbed on.  It's quiet time after church for us.

We got to go bowling with the family, again courtesy of his work.  Free bowling, free food and free video games for the kids?  Perfect.

Oh Turquoise Lake!  We had to get this reservation back in February and boy was it worth it.  I don't need to camp anywhere else, ever.  This place is heaven for me. 

Miss Bre just hanging out at the beach.

Have I mentioned lately how much we love the Other Babbitts.  Our kids played in the water ALL DAY LONG. 

Todd and Taft got a great mountain bike ride in so they were happy campers.

We borrowed the Nalens kayak and the kids took turns cruising around the lake. 

One last race for the season and it was I guess the perfect way to end my "don't train-just race" season.  It was our first Xterra Tri and since Keri shouldn't be running with her back anymore we did a relay.  All I had to do was run 3 miles on fresh legs?  Piece of cake.  Oh, not so much.  It was actually 5 miles - 2.5 straight up a mountain and 2.5 down.  With no water.  In 90 degree heat.  Misersable.  Hated it. 

No comments: