Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A seriously Happy Mother's Day



I had such a great Mother's Day on Sunday. I only got up once with Aubrey in the middle of the night to stick the binkie back in and then Todd got up with her at 5 to give her a bottle while I stayed in bed. So the day started off with me getting more sleep than I have in months. Logan and Paige woke me up with a rose each and lots of hugs and kisses and snuggling and told me that breakfast was almost ready. I showered quickly (since we have 9am church) and went downstairs to find the rest of the dozen roses and Todd making French Toast. Todd knows I love french toast and we rarely eat it since it seems to take a whole loaf of bread. Yes, the diet is OFF for the day.


Funny story about the french toast before I move on. Todd whipped up a batch of french toast with cinnamon and threw 8 slices on the grill. After a few minutes he thinks, "that doesn't smell right". He checks the bottle of cinnamon on the counter only to find he had used cumin instead of cinnamon. Nasty! He decided Spanish toast wouldn't cut it for mothers day and quickly got a good batch going before I got out of the shower. Funny guy.


Anyway, Todd had to speak in church and even though I told him he was not allowed to get up and talk about what a great wife I am, he did. It was embarrassing but really sweet. He did a great job on his talk (it wasn't ALL about me). The ward should feel lucky they've seen him cry since I've only seen it a handful of times myself. He doesn't have time to cry maybe since I'm always crying. I love that Todd.
Church was great and I got some cute gifts from the girls and we got to go to Taft and Shanna's after church and let the kids play. It was a BEAUTIFUL day and the boys made us such a nice dinner all by themselves. We love the other Babbitts and feel so lucky to live by them. It really was a treat to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon on their couches.

Thank you Honey for a wonderful Mother's Day. And sorry I didn't call you Mom and Grandma. I guess I'm a good Wife and Mother but obviously not a very good Daughter and Granddaughter. I love you!!!

No comments: