Friday, June 27, 2008

Family Reunion




It's been so much fun being in Las Vegas with my family. We were all together for only a couple of days and we've been working hard but also just enjoying the time together. If you're wondering who Aubrey is looking at in the family picture above it's at Aunt Kristin who just ran from the camera to her spot in the picture. She didn't look at the camera in any shot 'cause she was always watching the crazy running lady.


Our main goal was to get the storage unit cleared out so we got all the furniture posted on Craig's List and have been trying to figure out what do to with what doesn't sell. The free quilting frame was gone within minutes but the crazy cheap antique table that's worth thousands and we're selling for mere pennies hasn't had a call yet. It's hard to give away such great stuff but I guess it's better than paying another $140 to store it for another month. It'll be a big load off of my parents so I'm happy for that though I wish I lived closer so I could bring the Library table home with me, and the Pottery Barn bed and the bikes and the boxes of books (you get the point).


Dad seems to be doing a little better each day. He's hardly worn his oxygen today whereas 4 days ago he couldn't (wouldn't?) go to the restroom without it. Keek and I brought in a bunch of storage bins into the family room yesterday and sat with him while he sorted through old paperwork and explained to us why he has to keep so much and as he stood up to take some pills he cut his leg on the corner of one of the bins. I don't think it would have drawn blood for any of the rest of us but it cut his leg open and we're still trying to get that blood to clot today. It's crazy and definitely scary.

It's amazing to watch all the cousins play. We haven't seen some of them for years and yet they are instant friends. My girls are in heaven. They even made up some game that included all of them from Tyler who's 15 down to Paige at 4. They've all had a fun time being together and it just warms my heart.



Aubrey started crawling 2 days ago and is now on her knees rocking pretty consistently. It took her awhile to settle in but seems happier now and I was happy Keek and my Mom were able to see her crawl for the first time. She's slept through the night the last 2 nights so hopefully she keeps that up too. Lindi has been a great babysitter and I can't explain how nice it is to pick up and leave when the need arises rather than have to figure out a plan first.






Kristin and Nancy have taken the kids to the pool and yesterday I took the kids to Kung Fu Panda. It was a cute movie and nice to get out without Aubrey. Mom and I took the girls to ride the carousal at the outlet mall and Lindi promised me she'd take me shopping without the kids as well. We'll go out to dinner tonight for Kristin's birthday and then they'll leave first thing Monday morning and I'll head home Tuesday night. I love my family so much and I wish Todd and Jenna and Darin and GG could've made it. Good times good times.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I love your family. What great pictures of you all. Sounds like a lot of fun!