Thursday, July 10, 2008

Idpendis Day



Our neighborhood parade is really quite lame but Logan loved decorating her scooter (she rode her bike last year sans training wheels but had a hard time not running into people). I loved her little sign she made for the front and she was in love with the matching headbands for the girls. Paige was just excited to ride in the double stroller - a real treat for some reason.





After the parade we had a pretty mellow day which included a nap for each of us at one point or another. Then that evening we went to the Albrechtsens for a BBQ with the Nalens, Smiths and Childs. We had a fun time and yummy food and had a perfect spot to watch the fireworks on the greenbelt by their home. The kids seemed more excited about the glow bracelets and necklaces than the fireworks but I enjoyed the fireworks. Paige sat on Kristy's lap the whole time because she was scared and Logan snuggled with Dad and watched them and I held Aubrey. After everyone else left we sat on the driveway with the Albrecthsens talking while the kids threw some poppers and it just made me happy to have friends that I love. It was a good day.

No comments: