
What a great youth conference we had this year. We did a ropes course at UNC from 9am-3pm then drove back to the church for dinner and had some great speakers to end the day. Then last night for BYD we finished up with a slide show of the pictures we took and testimony meeting. I'm just always so thoroughly impressed with the youth. They're strong and fun and kind and are shining examples to the rest of the world of how youth should be and act. It's been fun to watch them grow up these last 5 1/2 years and even though It'll be a relief in some ways to be released from YW it'll definitely be hard as well. I want to stay in for my own selfish reasons but eventually it'll also be someone else's turn to learn and grow with these kids. sigh. If this is my last Youth Conference for awhile I had fun and it was a good one to go out on, if not, then I look forward to the next one (the stake is in charge of taking us all on the trek at Martins Cove - I hope I get to go!!!!).

Anyway, here are some pictures from the day. I think we all surprised ourselves in what we were able to accomplish that day. We all are stronger and braver than we give ourselves credit for and more than anything I was impressed with how the youth cheered each other on and helped each other out. They're great kids. Really great kids.

Yes, that's me on top of that huge pole scared spitless having to jump for that yellow pole (you can barely see it in the picture) trusting that not only will the rope hold me but that the 3 youth down at the bottom will hold me too. I also made it to the top of the rock wall (I've never done any sort of rock climbing before) but only because the kids down at the bottom kept telling me I could do it and where to grab. I even gave up a couple of times because my arms were burning and they wouldn't let me down until I got to the top. Man was I sore the next day.
I wish more of the youth could've made it. I don't know how many Priests and Teachers were missing but I was mising 11 Laurels and Mia Maids (the Beehives and Deacons aren't invited to YC). Anyway, that's more than half of my girls that couldn't make it since I had 10 there.
No comments:
Post a Comment