So remember how I told you awhile back that I had De Quervain's from carrying Aubrey around 24/7 for the first 5 months of her life? Well, the physical therapy and brace didn't work so I had to get a Cortisone shot. It felt better immediately and I had high hopes we were done with it. THEN a month later or so I lost all the pigment at the shot site and had this weird bump but it didn't hurt at all so I wasn't too worried. Of course the doctor said I should come in and it turns out that everything at the shot site basically atrophied. Meaning, I currently don't have any pigment and the layer of fat at my wrist has gone away as well leaving my bone pushing out. It you squeeze the skin on my right wrist between your fingers there's nothing really but skin - kinda like an old lady (sorry grandma). I guess it's quite rare for this to happen but it's not a big deal and should go away eventually.

This is a weird picture but it's hard to take a picture of your wrist with one hand and have the camera in the other. Anyway, that's that.
1 comment:
GREAT blog dedicated to little ones.
Read my blog homoeopathyforyou.blogspot.com for child care tips and a story of DeQuervain's patient
Post a Comment