Monday, February 9, 2009

We made it!

I got a lot of stares in the airport and a lot of "you got your hands full" but I was surprised how friendly the Las Vegas airport was to me. A questionable man and 2 security guards (were they protecting me? I think so) helped me get all of my junk into the line so I could check in. Once I was settled I was left alone to kick my stuff through to the front. I asked someone behind me to take a picture assuming he'd know to get our pile of luggage in the picture, but he didn't. So here you go.



Once I was checked in I headed to security with Aubrey on my front and the girls dragging behind with their belongings. Logan insisted on bringing these gigantic coloring books that GG and Grandma and Papa bought them so she was loaded extra heavy. The security line was long but they sent me to the short line for people that need extra help. Boy was I grateful since I had 4 pairs of shoes, a purse, a baby Bjorn, a backpack, a piece of luggage, a plastic Target bag and 2 gigantic coloring books to put through the machine. I had an older couple behind me who was even slower than me getting there shoes back on so I didn't feel rushed. After security we had to board the train to get to our gate and the people there pushed me and the girls to the front of the line with the people in wheelchairs. THANK YOU! It was a crowded train and it would have been hard to make sure we all got on together without stepping on people or being stepped on. I was impressed with how helpful the staff there was and I didn't even ask for help. Way to go Las Vegas Airport.

The big girls were great on the plane and Aubrey did pretty well. She's learned to arch her back and loosen her arms so you have no choice but to put her down. That's a pain when the fasten seat belt sign is on. Her favorite thing on the plane was the coffee cup of apple juice and two tiny straws. That kept her quiet for the majority of the flight. Once off the plane and with our checked luggage we kicked and pulled it to the bus for long term parking where the driver helped us get it all on. And the guy sitting next to us on the bus knew exactly which stop I needed being parked in K2 (which is J1). He must travel a lot :) Then we kicked our stuff to the car where some guy getting into his a few down asked if he could help. Once we were at the car we were good though. I was impressed with the kind people. The world isn't such a bad place after all.

All 3 girls slept the entire way home which means when we got home they were all awake so no nap for me. That made for a long day on Friday but I was grateful for a quiet home at 7pm.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh wow Kat... you are SO brave! Way braver than I would have been! I am proud of you! Glad you made it home ok:)

Christina said...

Wow what a trip! I can't believe with all of what was going on, you thought to have someone take your picture - impressive!