The kids were decked out in the van. Our friends the Nalens let us borrow their DVD player and Paige watched movies the ENTIRE way there and back. It made Logan a little sick so she didn't watch quite as many but really, we didn't hear from them the entire trip.
We got to have a short visit with GG on our way to the cabin. Nancy and Porter met us too and we went to Red Robin for lunch then GG treated the girls to some McDonalds ice cream cones and me to a large Coke. We love you GG!!!!
We also got to have a short visit with Boz & Jenny and their little girls. The kids had fun riding bikes together and having a sleep over and Todd and I were happy to get to see our friends again. We haven't seen them since last time we drove through Utah :)
The view from our cabin. So beautiful.
The Whole Family. I realize I'm lucky to say that I love my in-laws! I married into a great family. Thanks for a great trip everyone!

Logan loved taking care of her niece Makenzie. She is such a little mother and Aubrey just will NOT let her mother her so Logan (and Aubrey?) was happy to have a little friend that looked up to her.

Me, Todd, Matt, Austin and Chad running the Raspberry Days 5k together. It was Shanna's idea but she had to be at a funeral that day :( I love running with my family first thing on a Saturday morning in beautiful Bear Lake!
Corinna and Kim brought Andra and Logan and Paige and came to watch us race. We were happy to have some supporters :) And Mom and Crystal and Drew were nice enough to watch the babies for us back at the cabin. Thanks guys.
Austin's first 5k and he did really super good. We were proud of him and happy for him to have done so well. He smoked us all.
Todd and I finishing. It was really fun to run with my husband. I was glad to get to race with him.
The gang that went to see the caves together.
The cool Caves.
Dad and girls at the caves. So pretty.
Playing in the mud for hours on end.
Talmadge is just a month and a half younger than Aubrey and he is just a tank. He's so heavy and so stinkin' cute.
Paige and Aubrey just cruising and playing.
Andra and Paige jumping the waves together.
Todd and Logan found a great little spot to hang out and talk and play with the mud. The great thing about Bear Lake is that it's shallow forever and the water is warm.
My cute family saying goodbye to the lake.
We love the Pickleville Playhouse! It's super family friendly and is run by a bunch of Mormons so you can be sure it's clean and it's just fun. Loved it.
We saw The Hanging of El Bandito and it was HILARIOUS. Bandito himself wrote it and man, what a talented guy. We loved it and the kids loved it. It was definitely a highlight of our trip.
Cutie Logan outside the playhouse.
Another Blue-eyed Beauty.
Our last night we all sat around the fire together and made smores (even though we'd been eating treats all night). It was a great way to end the weekend.
4 comments:
You got some awesome pictures Kat. It was such a great trip and so fun to see you guys. Wish we could do it more often.
Yea! You know that in two years this is where I will be living! And I was in Idaho over Raspberry Days. Only that particular day I was in Boise for by brother's wedding, but I was in Bear Lake right before and right after. I'm glad you had so much fun and I won't show Peter this post because he'd get really homesick. :)
Kristy
This is so fun! I haven't seen your blog in ages. You're such an inspiration AND I can't believe how big Logan is! Wow. Gotta go. Can you tell I'm in a hurry and writing all random thoughts at once? Ok, love ya - Wieda...
I can't handle how much i miss you guys - I didn't even recognize Paige! And that pic of you guys on boz and jen's steps made me cry. love you!
Post a Comment