Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving


This is going to be out of order since I still need to post about Logan's baptism and Halloween but right now I'm sitting at Corinna's house on the couch next to Logan while the rest of the house sleeps and my heart is full of Thanksgiving. The list is LONG but I thought I'd name a few of the things I'm thankful for this morning:

My great husband whom I'm so much more in love with today than 11 years ago.
My 3 girls - Logan, Paige and Aubrey for making me happy and humble.
My parents for raising and teaching and loving me.
Todd's Mom for constantly being an example.
Siblings that I love and enjoy being around. They're all great adults.
Fabulous in-laws that make me feel part of the family.
My testimony of a Savior that lives.
A Heavenly Father that knows me and loves me.
Food always on the table.
A roof always over my head.
GG.
A strong and healthy body.
Modern medicine.
Antibacterial soap.
Todd's job.
The chance to live in Seattle. What an adventure it'll be!
A wonderful, free country to live in.
Brave men and women that are willing to fight for my freedom.
Technology that allows me to keep in touch with friends.
DVR (I swear it makes me a better parent).
Friends from High School that I STILL love. They know my parents and my hometown and we went to dances together.
Friends from college that I still love too. They don't know my family but they know me as a college co-ed and some know Todd and I as we were dating.
Friends that don't know me as a highschooler or dumb college girl. They only know me as an adult and that's nice too.
Disposable diapers.
Trials that help me grow.

The house is starting to stir and Aubrey just crawled out of her crib and is now sitting in my lap trying to hit keys. I've turned on the Macy's Day parade but none of the kids seem interested so I better wrap this up. I hope you all have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

3 comments:

Jeanne Stricklin said...

I love your post Kat! I am thankful to have had you close for a little while. I know I am a better person because I know you!
You are such a fun, energetic, orgainized, talented, kind and loving person. I know where you are... you bless the lives of all around you!
Hope you had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!

Annee said...

It is a great post. We totally went to so many dances together! And just last week I saw a bright red bubbly car that totally reminded me of The Red Baron. I even had to explain to Darin, that I had just taken a little stroll down memory lane.

I hope you settle well into your new adventure! Keep us updated. It's going to be exciting.

Nancy said...

Love this post - especially the ones about your siblings (b/c that includes me!) and the one that simply says: GG. No words can express how much GG means to all of us.
Hope you're getting all settled in. Call me when you get a moment.