Saturday, January 9, 2010

Exploring the Local Forest



This reserve it just about a mile from our house and it's filled with great trails. Some are for mountain biking, some are for horses and some are for walking and running. From what we understand it's 900 acres of preserve and it was so pretty and such a great way to start our Saturday. We didn't see much wildlife though there are signs about Beavers and bears and we expected to see some deer. Maybe they don't hang out near the trails? I loved how BRIGHT green everything was. The pictures don't really show the real color.

Todd was pushing the jogging stroller and taking pictures, so he didn't make it into any himeself but he was there too.


A cool stump with moss growing all over it and something growing out the top. A sign nearby makes us think it's probably Huckleberry growing out of it. Maybe in the spring we'll see if we can find some berries.


I can't get enough of these two holding hands and running through the forest together. They had a great time.


We found some good light so I had to take another picture of them being cute sisters. In fact I can hear them both right now singing, "Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters." You know, from White Christmas? I wonder if my girls will be just like me and have songs from musicals running through their heads all day:)


Eventually we let Aubrey out of the stroller and she had a great time walking with her sisters. And yes, they held her hands the whole time too :)


Point Seattle.

3 comments:

Laura P Thomas said...

Oh, those pictures make me so homesick. Just wait until August when the blackberries are ripe and you will be able to walk down that trail picking them and eating them as you go. Yum!

Kimberly said...

Such great pictures, I love all the green up there. The girls looked like they were having a blast!!! So much fun to get out in the wildlife there.

Jeanne Stricklin said...

What a fun thing to do as a family! White Christmas is one of my favorite old movies...simply for that one song. I love it.
Your girls look like great sisters and friends. YAAAAAAAAH!