Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Non-Rainy Easter in Redmond

With conference and Easter landing on the same weekend we had a really fun, relaxing, and spiritual time. It turned out to be one of my favorite Easters. We had plenty of time to be together as a family AND there was lots of good food AND the kids had new things to play with thanks to the Easter Bunny AND we didn't have to worry about getting all dressed up and going to church AND we got to hang out with friends AND we had some really great conference talks to listen to AND Todd and I were able to focus on teaching the kids about why we celebrate Easter. Something about the whole weekend was just magical. Here's some things we did.

We colored eggs on Saturday during Aubrey's nap. Good call doing it during her nap.



When the girls woke up in the morning they found a ball of string that was wound around and through and up and over the whole house with the end being at their Easter baskets. Logan LOVED this. She loved the challenge and then spent the rest of the day rolling up that ball of yarn. She sat and listened to conference and undid knot after knot. I think she must have her Mama's fidgety fingers. I would be happy to sit and roll up the ball of yarn myself :)



The kids and their Easter baskets.



They got bubbles and Aubrey spent the morning playing and spilling all of them all over the house and herself.



We had crazy, windy, rainy, hailstormy days leading up to Easter but Sunday turned out to be a beautiful day. Not too sunny or warm but not raining either so we'll take it!

We had a fun dinner with some of our favorite people in Washington, the Gessels. Amy and I split up the dinner and man was it good! I think we surprised ourselves with such a great dinner - like we're grownups or something.


After dinner we met up with a bunch of kids from the neighborhood for a big Easter Egg hunt in the woods. My kids didn't come home with near the amount of eggs we brought but they didn't mind and I certainly don't mind not having more candy around the house.

1 comment:

Laura P Thomas said...

Looks like a very nice WA Easter weekend. I have to say that I don't miss muddy springs all that much :)