Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Some POTD's

POTD = Picture Of The Day.

Last year and this year I've been taking a picture every day (sometimes I cheat) with the goal being at the end of the year to have 365 pictures of what we do on a daily basis. So here are some of those pictures. A small glimpse into our life around here:

Paige took swim lessons with her friend Holland during spring break. We need to get swimming more often but it costs money here...and I struggle with that after having really great, free pools in Highlands Ranch. She did super good though. It was her idea to take swim lessons since she wants to run a tri this summer. Fine by me!










During spring break Amy, Brooke and I took the kids to the Seattle Science Center. Great time, great place and we got in super cheap thanks to friends with Prime cards.



All the girls have been jump roping a bunch but I like this picture the most of Aubrey showing them how it's really done (ie. jump like mad and don't worry about the rope actually going around).


We got to meet up with Taft for some sushi since he was in town for work. Love Taft and love sushi.


We've had a bunch of hail storms this month. They've been fun and Logan was happy to be out in one waiting for carpool one morning.


Aubrey and I headed to the mall one day and I couldn't pass up taking her to See's Candy for her first chocolate lollipop. I got myself a little bordeaux bar and was surprised how much I like her lollipop. It's been a long time. My grandpa built the one in La Canada and it's always had a special spot in my heart. I heart Sees.


These are the kids we walkpool to school with. It's been great to only have to take and pick up one week a month. It's also been great to live close enough to the school to walk every day and the kids like that the path to school is a forest.


I started training for my first half marathon and quickly found my knees aching after only a few miles. Time to bite the bullet and buy a new pair of running shoes. My Brooks were a few years old but they've been good to me so I went with the same shoe...this years model. YAY! They feel good!


I love to see my 3 girls being good to each other. Here's Logan reading Aubrey and Paige an Alvin and the Chipmunks book.


Logan was in her classes shadow puppet play about Davy Crockett and Pecos Bill. She loves to do these puppets and her teacher is even staying after school 2 days a week to put on another presentation. Logan is thrilled.


We've been really really lucky to have moved into such a great neighborhood. Here are some of the kids my girls run around with every day. These girls are all from the ward and all live on the street. Perfect.


And finally, here's Aubrey doing a little painting...in her bathing suit. I think we're all ready for summer around here. I just don't know how to break it to them that summer won't mean swimming every day. sigh.

4 comments:

Ali and Ty said...

the love POTD idea! Your girls are so cute!! and so grown up now I can't believe it!!!!!!!!! Miss you Kat!

Kimberly said...

What great pictures. Looks like life in Seattle is going great, but oh how I a miss you guys!!!!! You need to visit ASAP!!!! Gives the girls all my love!!!!

Christina said...

I've been thinking about you guys a lot, and wondering how life in Seattle is. It looks like fun! My favorite pic. is of Aubrey jump roping! Good luck on the 1/2! you'll do great! - I had thought about running it w/my sis. who is in Seattle, but she just got pregnant, so I guess we're out. Have fun w/Shanna!

Jeanne Stricklin said...

I love Love LOVE all the pictures! You sure have cute girls! and what a GREAT idea to take pictures everyday of ordinary things.