Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lummi Island



Oh how I love love (LOVE!) the San Juan Islands. We had the MOST perfect weekend. The weather couldn't have been nicer, the company was so fun, the house was great, it smelled like the beach, the kids played nicely, the food was yummy, we could lay in bed and see and hear the ocean and I even came home with a sunburn (I was afraid that wouldn't ever happen in Washington :). Oh, why don't I live on Lummi Island!!??

Here are some highlights:

The girls first ferry ride. It was only a 5 minute ride, but it's always fun to not have to have our seat belts on and it makes me dream of spending a month on a sailboat with my family someday. Am I the only one that dreams of a vacation like that?




Here's our cute beach house:



Here's the view from our cute beach house:





And here's what we did:

Watched the seals and ducks and hoped for whales:



Played games once the kids were in bed:


Skipped rocks into the ocean, watched the ocean, smelled the ocean, put our feet in the ocean until they were numb and watched the sunset over the ocean (ok, it's the sound, but it's connected to the ocean :).





Roasted S'mores:


Watched movies:


Played in the tide pools:






Collected rocks and shells and played with them for hours on the deck:


Read some good books:


Went on a family bike ride: (my favorite part, and yes, I sang Do a deer just like the Von Trapps)





Here we are at the end of that bike ride. Todd and I were so crazy proud of the girls for making the ride with only a little complaining about some really big hills. They were tired after the 7 mile ride, but the views were well with it.



WE LOVE LUMMI ISLAND!!!!!!!



Wow, thanks for such a fun weekend guys.

7 comments:

Ali and Ty said...

So cute! I want to go! Looks like you guys had a blast!!!
love ya kat!

Karen said...

It was such a perfect weekend. Thanks for heading it up and planning it! We Love Lummi Island too!!

P.S. I need to get you a copy of my pictures because I have a lot with your kids! I'll burn you a CD and bring it over this week!

Kimberly said...

Kat that looks like you had such an awesome weekend. That house looked huge and beautiful that you stayed in. Glad you guys are loving it up there.

Jeanne Stricklin said...

HOW FUN!!!!! Family vacations are just the BEST!

Amy Marie Gessel said...

How come I didn't know you had a blog?? Oh man, it's going to take me a long time to catch up.

Laura P Thomas said...

I am so jealous! There is no place more beautiful than Puget Sound when the sun is shining. My in-laws live on Camano Island and I miss it so much. What a great way to spend a family weekend!

Emily R. said...

Kat,
Hello dear, it's emily. I love seeing you and your cute family, I sent you one of my getting in touch again emails a month or two ago, did you get it? I am wondering if you email has changed, send me your new one if it has, I would love to make contact- my email is still the same- the gmail one. You have moved, i love washington- we moved too- we're in Wisconsin now, still in the midwest but that's okay- it's a great place. I was thinking about our trip to efy the other day for some reason, fun times!Lots of love- em