(The pictures aren't in order and some of them were actually from the end of May)
Logan had Mr. Elmore and loved his class. He's a great teacher as well and was really great with Logan who didn't love the fact that she was moving to a new school halfway through the school year...again.
| We spent an evening at the Day of Rock downtown. I was stoked to get to see The Samples live. The other Babbitts went with us and we had some seriously yummy burritos from Illegal Petes while we waited on the lawn for them to start. It was just a beautiful evening spent outside with no children. Pretty great (especially since I had raced earlier that day - barely having enough time to shower before needing to pick up the babysitter) |
| We also got to see Trevor Hall but it was starting to rain so we bailed after watching him. |
| I've dubbed this racing season as "don't train - just race". Keri talked me into doing Pelican Fest in Ft. Collins with her. It looked like an easy sprint so I trained a little and went for it. Silly of me to forget that you can't train in the pool for a lake swim. The water was in the mid 50's and even in a full wetsuit I could NOT get my face in the water. I was dog paddling for my life and eventually had to be pulled out by a kayacker. Dang it! They let me continue racing and I had a great ride and run so I still had fun. |
| We took the kids to the Highlands Ranch car show. They had no idea what to expect and thought it was kinda cool but were annoyed they couldn't acutally touch any of the cars. All you do is look at them?! Here's Todd and his dream car - a Stingray. I wouldn't complain if he got one some day :) |
| I signed these two up for Volleyball camp. It might be a new tradition to sign them up for a skyhawks camp every year just to expose them to different sports. They did basketball and soccer in Redmond and Volleyball here. They always have fun and they always seem to practice at the same time the cheerleaders do - making them want to be cheerleaders more than players. MAYBE next year I'll sign them up for cheer camp. |
| Here they are on their last day of camp with their coaches and their friend Emerson that did the camp with us. We picked them up from camp this day and drove from this park to Utah for the 4th of July. |
| Paige helping daddy collect firewood. |
| Cousins in front of our tent. The park had designated spots to pitch your tent. That would be nice except that our tent doesn't fit in that small a spot! Oh well, we managed and the ranger didn't say anything. |
| More cousins hanging out by the fire. They sang "have you ever seen a sailor with a bo-legged wife..." only a hundred thousand times. |
| We all slept pretty well but had an early morning. The kids woke up around 5 am so Todd got our fire going and we had breakfast while the rest of Colorado slept. It was cold (around 40 degrees if I remember right) but it was actually kinda nice to have a little time with just our family since we had spent the whole day before running around with friends. |
| On our walk to the bathroom early in the morning. |
| Paige is ever the poser - even while camping she must look her best. |
| While we waited for our friends to wake up we had a rousing game of Uno. |
| I just thought this was cute. I love my Logan. |
| Donuts and milk - a great pre-race food. Remember, this is the season of "don't train - just race". |
| The next day Todd had to be at a meeting most the day so I had a day ALONE! Oh heaven. I don't know the last time I had a day all to myself. I walked to this pizza place, had a pizza and a Pepsi and sat in the sun reading my book for a couple of hours with the space needle in my view. It was pretty great. |
| Here's our sweet hotel room. We could see the water and if we looked to the left out the window, the Space Needle as well. Todd had a dozen roses there for me. What a sweet guy. |
| When Todd was done with his meetings we headed to Redmond and stayed at Amy's house. Karen came down and we had dinner at Silver Spoon of course. Brooke was busy in the hospital having a baby :) I love these girls to pieces. I really didn't think I'd make such great friends in such a short time but I miss them like crazy. |
![]() |
| I LOVE the Rock n' Roll half marathon. LOVE it. This year these cute girls were running it too. (Sandra, Kate and Wendy). I started a few minutes before them and ended up finishing at the same time as Wendy who as sick - beating my previous time by 7 minutes. Pretty good for not really training! I had done one 8 mile run which felt good, one 10 mile run that felt horrible and a bunch of 3 and 4 milers before this race. Good thing for adrenaline and for training a mile high and racing at sea level. I felt good the whole race. Oh to be able to breathe! |
| I always race with this on my arm |

1 comment:
I love all these pictures. I finally feel like I get to be a part of your guys life again. Thanks for moving back to blog!!!!
Post a Comment